Applications for MA and Certificate Programs are reviewed on a rolling basis
GRADUATE PROGRAMS IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
Welcome to Special Education! Listed below are the MA programs offered. Details for each program are included in the Handbook.
The programs include:
- Master of Arts in Special Education (preparation for an Initial License in Special Education)
- Master of Arts in Special Education (preparation for a Second License, in Special Education, for those who already have an initial license in General Education)
- Master of Arts in Special Education (preparation using the Alternative Licensure process)
- Master of Arts in Special Education (a Scholarly route for those who are not seeking licensure or who already have a license and are seeking additional depth of knowledge)
- Master of Arts in Special Education with an emphasis in Visual Impairment (preparation for licensure in teaching school-aged children/infants/toddlers and/or orientation and mobility)
- Graduate Certificate in Autism (can be pursued separately or in combination with another program)
The Special Education Program is thrilled to offer a new accelerated masters degree in Special Education for undergraduate students. Students graduating from the five-year program will be eligible for a license in elementary education and special education. Graduates will also be eligible for TESOL and bilingual endorsements. This is one of very few programs of its kind in the United States, and graduates are highly trained and marketable. Become one of the very first at New Mexico State University to take advantage of this excellent program. For more information, contact email@example.com or call 575-646-2402.